Just a quick post (it's late AGAIN!) to jump about excitedly that it's my SCAN tomorrow!!!! I can't wait to see my tiny one (something is seriously UP that I just typed "pony" instead of one?!?! Haha! I must be tiiiired!!) for the very first time! I usually get slightly nervous at the last minute that for whatever reason the baby will have died RIGHT before the scan - I know, I should never think like that, but it's just what pops into my brain at the last minute, you know? Anyway, for that reason I like to reassure myself with the doppler as last minute as possible. Especially this time, since we'll have a room-full of small children at the scan!
I did manage to organise Arthur's half-term club. We'll be dropping him off half an hour early, which is great! Hopefully we'll have enough time to turn around, drive the short distance back to the hospital, find a parking space (the BIG hurdle!) and get all the little ones out and into the maternity unit in the 20 minutes after dropping him off.
My scan is at 1.50pm, and I will update as soon as I can afterwards, but it still might not be till late afternoon or even early evening. What I want to do is update HERE before saying a thing at Facebook. I reckon blog readers are a bit more deserving of an update to something exciting before Facebook! ;) Plus I want to keep this blog going!!! It's so easy to post quickly at Facebook and then it's old news at my blog to most of my readers, who might already have done their commenting at Facebook. Come here for news tomorrow!!! :D I will, of course, be updating at Facebook later in the evening, so you could just wait till later for an update there - or not even see this last minute post and thus not check here anyway! ;) But I'll be updating here first, Facebook late evening before bed probably. I will be ITCHING to update at Facebook as soon as I'm home, but I do so want to keep SOME things special for my blog so that people might come here to get news instead of Facebook! :)
Nothing much more to add, except YAY, I'm in the 2nd trimester! And still feeling sick, but oh well. Still wanting eggs (soft boiled is what I'm LONGING for! :S ) and salmon a lot, and have started on prenatal omega 3 capsules daily. Peeing pregnantly, and dizzy quite a bit, but not too bad. Definitely starting to show now (please check my new belly gallery (link on the side) if you didn't see my last post - I have belly pics up! I think I'm bigger at 11 weeks than I was in my other pregnancies, but only a touch).
Benjamin is stirring and I need to go to bed, so I will be back tomorrow! :)
Thursday, 3 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was interested to read that you were taking prenatal omega 3 capsules daily. I just read (http://www.buy-fish-oil.com/fish-oil-kids-children-babies-infants-supplements.php ) about some fascinating clinical research results which you may already be aware of but I was not. So here is copy of some of the key points:
Improved Brain Development in Infants
Failure to ingest enough DHA may cause impaired brain development in newborn children. “One of the most striking discoveries in recent years is the finding that the omega-3 fatty acid known as DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) is required for optimal brain development during fetal and early infant life. In fact, failure for women to establish adequate DHA nutritional status has been strongly implicated in impaired brain development of their offspring, manifesting as lower IQ and an increased propensity for learning disabilities."
"The problem stems from the fact that the fetus is dependent upon the mother's body for much of its DHA requirement. After birth, infants continue to require DHA from breast milk during the first three months of life in order for optimal brain development to continue.” (James P Meschino, DC, MS, “Essential Fats for Child Brain Development,” Dynamic Chiropractic, December 2, 2008) See other research and clinical findings on DHA and pregnancy.
Most women do not ingest sufficient amounts of DHA during pregnancy. “[T]he fetal body and the infant body (for at least the first three months of life) are incapable of synthesizing sufficient DHA to satisfy their needs for optimal brain development. Thus, it is imperative for women to ingest preformed DHA prior to becoming pregnant, during pregnancy and during their child's first three months of life (assuming they are breast-feeding) in order to provide their children with the best opportunity to achieve ideal brain development and function. . . . [M]ost women do not ingest sufficient amounts of DHA and there is no way to compensate once this critical time period have elapsed. Feeding the child DHA does not substantially affect brain development to the degree possible during pregnancy and the first three months of life.” (James P Meschino, DC, MS, “Essential Fats for Child Brain Development,” Dynamic Chiropractic, December 2, 2008)
Higher sustained attention levels for children whose mothers take DHA. “Children whose mothers received docosahexaenoic acid supplements for 4 months post partum performed better on standardized tests of sustained attention at 5 years of age compared with those whose mothers received placebo, Craig Jensen, M.D., said at the Second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition.” (Heidi Splete, “DHA may bring attention benefit for children,” Pediatric News, Second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Paris, France, May 1, 2005)
DHA supplementation during pregnancy may provide four key health benefits. [R]esearch results show that an increased intake of DHA through supplementation during pregnancy may help: 1) Prevent preterm delivery, 2) Increase head circumference and birth weight, 3) Benefit infant problem solving at nine months and infant visual acuity at four months of age, and 4) Prevent depression during pregnancy and postpartum. (Kelly Jad'on, “DHA, Crucial To Infant Brain Development, May Prevent ADHD, Depression,” Basilandspice.com, August 30, 2009)
How exciting! I can't wait to hear how the scan goes. :)
Okay, so in case you do see someone semi-conclusivey nub-wise on the scan, I want to jump ahead beforehand to say that I think it's a boy :) Yep, got my word in.
If Annie's guessing I will too! I'm thinking Girl because it seems this has been so different than your other pregnancies. And possibly twins still comes to my mind. You'll be on the way there now - hope all works out.
Ah! I wish I had seen this post last night. I would have guessed boy. But then again I keep thinking girl also with your "symptoms". lol!!
Negative thinking is not good for pregnant ladies...stop worrying and focus on how lump-bump wriggle in your tummy. This is the best time to create a diet & exercise plan for health & fitness in third trimesters. Good Luck. 12 weeks pregnant
Post a Comment