Sunday, 7 August 2016

Quick update

Just a quick update to say I had another faint line yesterday on a test, and then heavy bleeding and a temp drop this morning, so it seems like a chemical pregnancy. Ah well. I know that God knows best. I definitely need to fix whatever is going on with my kidney stone (is it even one?!) and be pushy for some sort of diagnosis. It is really sore to wee today and my side aches. All my urine samples are clean and do not grow anything when cultured, so it's not an infection. I will call the doctor tomorrow, and it's kind of a relief to know I can get an X-ray if I can convince the doctor to get me one.

My bleeding is heavier so far than a normal period, but maybe "normal" is going to change anyway, now that I'm getting nearer to menopause.

Thanks so much for the comments, with the obvious exception of the person who is so twisted with bitter envy that they can't control themselves over typing unkindness in a comments box. I pity you, who ever you are. And it was deleted about 0.2 seconds after I clapped eyes on it. Editing 30 minutes after posting it to add: I just randomly came across a quote from someone on Facebook (about something completely different, and not to do with me), that made me think of this immediately, so I'm sharing it: "It used to bother me a lot but then I realized that people like that are just miserable people and their opinions do not matter anyway..." Truth. :)

I'll update again at some point, just because I want to keep track of my cycles and conception seems somewhat likely in the future. I really appreciate everyone who is supportive and loving towards me here! :) xxx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice, have you ever heard the saying "don't feed the trolls"? I think people who post comments like the one that upset you (I saw it and thought it was relatively innoculous to be honest) tend to do it for attention and by reacting you give them what they want which means they may be more likely to post stuff like that in the future.

Alice said...

Yes, I have heard the phrase, and understand what you're saying (and agree). Sometimes I just like the last word! :P I am not upset by it at all, I actually laughed when I saw it. It was too stupid to let it bother me. :) I don't, however, think any form of intentional unkindness is innoculous (and it's *innocuous* by the way), but thanks for pointing out that you think there wasn't much wrong with someone taking a stab at me at my blog. Also, why are you being anonymous yourself...?

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that! Sounds like a good plan to get to the bottom of the kidney stone/whatever is going on before next pregnancy, then you can go into it with less stress. :) Hope it's easy to sort. I remember my dad having kidney stones when I was very young and he stayed in hospital for treatment... but I've no idea what that treatment was. I just remember he bought us some mini eggs from the hospital shop! :D

Chy said...

Ah, I'm so sorry Alice that this little one wasn't meant to happen just yet. I do hope that your kidney stone can be sorted out though so you can soon feel better and not be bothered by so much pain. Hugs. Chy

Siobhan said...

Alice I hadn't checked here in ages so was busy catching up on all your news!
You are an inspirational, wonderful Mummy and I'm sorry to see there has been some hurtful comments. Just no need for it and I'm glad you have so so sooo many people loving you, supporting you and appreciating you for being the amazing woman you are!

Love all the pictures! Such gorgeous scrummy children!

Much love to you as always!
Siobhan xxxxx

Shayla said...

Sorry to hear that it wasn't meant to be this time. Hopefully your body can recover from the kidney stones. And I hope your doctor will do something helpful for you! I'm glad you are able to ignore the mean, hateful people who are anonymous trolls. It is quite obvious that you are a wonderful, caring mother and any child would be lucky to be yours! Have a blessed day! Hugs and prayers.

Shayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie S. said...

Alice, I'm sorry that people feel the need to hide behind anonymity and leave rude, nasty comments. These people are cowards and simply rude jerks. Please don't pay them any attention. They are definitely in the minority. I enjoy reading about your lovely children and your pregnancies on your blog. You are a wonderful mother and don't let anyone tell you anything different. Sending love from Kentucky, USA. :-)

Anonymous said...

So i came and saw there had been some trouble with mean people?

I'm sorry to hear it. Truly i am.

Your blog has given me plenty of joy over the years.

Maybe it's bitter people struggling with fertility issues?

Anyway please try not to take it to heart. It's obvious you are a sweet soul.

Anonymous said...

Eager for an update, Alice! Love your blog!