Monday, 13 February 2017

Shutting my blog down.

Hi folks!

I am still alive and well, and very sorry not to update all these months. I have plenty to say (I'm not pregnant), but have decided to make my blog private. I didn't want to just do it without saying, so I will leave this post up for a while (not sure how long I should!) to let people know. I am choosing the setting that allows me to give a password to anyone who I trust enough to read my blog, so if you want to continue to read, you can email me and I will consider that. I don't mean to sound unfair about it. I love all my blog readers, and it has been 14 years or something CRAZY that I have been writing here. I would love you all to carry on reading, but I want to be sure who is reading, especially as I plan to write through the end of my fertile years and into menopause, and I am pretty sure I will hit some insecurities and emotionally difficult times, and I want to feel safe here to write about it.

It does mean that if I don't really know you, it's going to be unpredictable as to whether I will trust you enough to give you the password. :/ I am not sure how to get around that one. I hate excluding people, I have always loved being open and honest with my thoughts for the world to see, but I feel less secure now and that's sadly the way it is. I'm locking my arthursmummy blog too, though I never update it anymore.

Please feel free to email me to ask, but please PLEASE don't take offense if I decide that I am not sure about adding you to my list of blog readers. I also have no idea yet if the list has a maximum number that I'm allowed to add. In that case, it would be trusted friends first.

All is well here. I will be 41 next week, and I am neither pregnant nor in the throes of menopause, lol! Lots of changes for me in my 40s. Some have surprised me.

All the kiddies are wonderful and lovely and growing fast. Rosie is one already, walking and mischievous and eager, and as squishy as ever! :) School is going well. Arthur is almost my exact height and wears the same size shoes as me! Lydia is potty training and running the household in her spare time, lol! She's such a character! ;) Neil got a new job which has us in a much more comfortable position financially, though he still works in London so it's a long commute. We are doing well. :)

Thank you for all the comments asking how I'm doing, or just wishing me well. I so appreciate all of the lovely support! xxxx

27 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for updating! I've been checking on and off!

I don't expect you to grant me a password because although I've been following you since diaryland days (we chatted about figure skating back in the day - I was "mitfordgal" then) I don't think I've commented recently. I'll miss hearing about your kiddos but I completely understand going private. Best wishes to you and the family!

Jennifer

heidi said...

I've followed your blog for about the last 3-4 births. I'd love to keep reading if you gave me the password

Kat said...

I have been a quiet reader of your blog since Lydia was born. It has been a real pleasure to read your updates about your beautiful family and to witness your faith. I'm sorry not to have contributed until now and I just want to wish you all the best

Joann said...

Oh Alice! So sorry to hear this. I know you don't know me at all and I don't really expect to be invited to your private blog... but I feel like I know you and at least wanted to introduce myself and tell you that I have really enjoyed your stories over the years. My name is Joann and I live in Missouri in the middle of the USA with my husband and son. I don't even remember how I found your blog -- blog reading is a hobby of mine. I have a long list that I read daily. It's kind of a strange hobby because you feel like you get to know the writers but they don't know you at all. I guess I should comment more. Your blog is one that I would always drop anything and everything to read and I always hoped that one day your kids would be able to say "my brothers and sisters" just like you said you always wanted. One more girl, right!? I was so excited when you found out Lydia was a girl. I was literally checking here everyday!
I wish you had a public intstagram or facebook or something that was less private so we could all find out what happens in your story. Of course I would love to continue reading but I totally understand if you want to keep it to just friends... and don't feel bad about it. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Joann

Suzanne Carter said...

Alice, totally understand! The world is a very different place these days. I would love to continue to follow you, but understand if not. Wishing you and yours the best of luck!

Suzanne
Suzlei@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I have followed this blog for a fair few years now and I will miss reading about you and your family. We have never met and but reading your personal accounts have helped me through some difficult times.
I am glad to hear that you are all doing well and hope that that continues.
All the very best. KT

Tequilamonkey said...

Oh honey, I thought you'd been quiet in here lately :( obviously totally understand you making your blog private as I had to do the same some years back. I hope to be able continue reading but also understand if not. Big hugs, I know this must have been a tough decision for you xxx

Katie S. said...

You'll be missed!

Unknown said...

That's a shame, I've enjoyed reading your blog, starting around Lydia's pregnancy I think, as I was pregnant at the same time.
I'd like to continue reading if possible.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog over the years and would love to continue. Thank you! Emory85@aol.com

Chrissy said...

I'll miss reading about your sweet family. I don't know you in the real world, and I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, so I guess this is goodbye :( Good luck and love with your future.

Anonymous said...

I'm sad!!! But probably a wise decision. Best of luck Alice and the fam and may God bless you in His immeasurable way.

I really have to get a new hobby - anonymously reading blogs without having my own is kind of sad, ha ha!

I just thought as well I'd tell you I have an (ex) friend whose hobby was trolling quiverfull family blogs because SHE was having fertility troubles and relationship troubles and was an atheist!.

So lots of SOUR GRAPES out there. As you know and their motivations are often hypocritical and troubling!!!

I really have found you SO sweet and I loved your younger years. This will all be such a wonderful record for you to have in your senior years. How interesting!.

If only I was into Journaling! My twenties I believe would have made for encouraging reading too. But I was such a mess back then and so self conscious. You were always honest and on the brink of self actualization. I doubt I would have had the guts to write anything so truthful. Ahhh, life!

Anyway again, have a wonderful life with your children. Absolutely believe and support homeschooling. Totally understand your decision to go private. Will miss you though.

Carly said...

Hey, I've been reading your blog since it was diaryland! I was about 13/14 at the time and wanted to understand what it was so become a parents and all the the things that go along with that! You write so personally and truthfully and I really feel like I've gotten to know you and your family through the years of it just being Arthur and now your big beautiful family and all your kiddo's! I don't expect to be given a password because I'm not sure if I've ever even commented on here before but just know that your journey through motherhood has taught me a lot and I really admire you sharing your life and your growing family. Good luck in the future and I hope you all have a very happy and healthy life together. I will miss hearing about your family and watching you all grow but understand a need for privacy in life sometimes. My very best wishes, Carly.

Shayla said...

Hi Alice. Thank you for sharing your blog, your family, and your personal experiences with us for this long. Though I've gone back and read through all your previous entries, I've only been following along since 2012 when I became pregnant with my daughter and was searching to make sense if all my symptoms and feelings. Your experiences helped ne so much. Thank you for that. I completely understand the need to make your blog private and do not feel upset or angry that you choose to limit it to people you know personally. I'll definitely miss reading about you and your lovely family. You all will still be in my prayers. Hugs, love, and prayers from my family to yours. May you all be blessed, healthy, and happy.

Hugs and prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a while, found it through a friend. We don't know each other, so I won't ask to be added in the private blog. I just want to wish you well. I pray for you, Neil, and your little ones. I hope you will continue to thrive and give love and care to the children. All the best,
Hanna

Shayla said...

Also, Happy birthday early!! (just in case your blog is locked by then).

Kelly said...

Hi Alice,

Count me among the many first-time (and I guess last-time) commenters speaking up to wish you well. I have been reading since your sheep-dip days on Diaryland, which I just realized is older than Arthur and therefore means I've been following along for over a decade!

Anyway, I know other posters have spoken about really appreciating your honesty and vulnerability on here, and I'm no different. I have no reason to expect to be allowed to read along after you go private, but thank you so much for allowing me to be along for the ride. Best of luck to you, Neil and family!

--Kelly.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say i am the anon who became a Christian after reading your blog around the time of Samuel's pregnancy (great name by the way). I really liked your simple faith and also your amazing recovery from M.E. All very galvanizing reading I might add. I experienced a real change of heart as previously I had been quite neutral and also brought up in an atheist family. So again thanks. I was baptised at the end of 2010 and haven't looked back. May God BLESS you Alice. And Goodbye!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say i am the anon who became a Christian after reading your blog around the time of Samuel's pregnancy (great name by the way). I really liked your simple faith and also your amazing recovery from M.E. All very galvanizing reading I might add. I experienced a real change of heart as previously I had been quite neutral and also brought up in an atheist family. So again thanks. I was baptised at the end of 2010 and haven't looked back. May God BLESS you Alice. And Goodbye!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Alice,

I started reading your blog just more than three years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. I am from Cape Town in South Africa so just wanted to say hi and how much I have enjoyed reading about all your pregnancies and also your honesty.

I would love to continue reading your blog and to follow the progress of your family and any future pregnancies.

terciabester@gmail.com

Regards

Tercia

Sander said...

I've also been reading a long time - will miss your updates! Best of luck to you and your family!!

Shannon said...

Hi Alice
I stumbled upon your blog years ago when you were pregnant with Arthur and I was pregnant with my first son. They are roughly the same age, my son was born in December of 2004. I've followed you off and on since then, and have always enjoyed reading about your life and family. One of my favourite periods was when you wrote a lot about meal planning and cooking, I am food obsessed! Thanks for sharing with us! You will be missed here on Vancouver Island.

Shannon
XO

Chy said...

I've loved your blog from the beginning of your first pregnancy and hope to continue as a faithful and supportive reader. You're amazing Alice! X Chy

Unknown said...

I have been reading your blog since sheep dip before you got pregnant with Aurther. I was alanajar on Diaryland. I have always enjoyed reading your updates and watching your babies grow. I hope I can continue.

Unknown said...

I have followed your blog since you were pregnant with Arthur. I have been checking in here from time to time to see if you have updated. I am so sorry you are dealing with nonsense. I would be sad to see you close your blog but I totally understand why you would. Hugs & Prayers!

kathleen white said...

Hi Alice,
I, too, have been reading you for years,(since Samuel's birth story) and would like to continue to do so, but, I understand your need for privacy... I'm 39, live in AZ in the united states, have one almost 14 year old son, and many pets... In any case, many blessings on you.
Kathleen
(katylululabelle@yahoo.com)

Amber said...

I too have been reading your blog off abd on since the birth of Arthur. I believe a long time online friend, Aisling (Aishy) actually shared your blog in a group I was in way back during the Diaryland days. My oldest will be 18 this month, my second child turned 12 in December and my baby turned 9 in March. For health reasons I could have any more children and always loved keeping up to date with your blessed family. Every now and then your family pops into my mind and I wonder how you all are doing. It was always interesting to see how others live in other countries. I live in the US, Tennessee to be exact. Your children have grown so much and are just adorable. May God keep blessing each of you!