Thursday, 9 July 2009

Another labour update!

Although, I still can't really get my head around the fact that this might actually really and truly be LABOUR! It's soooo surreal.

I am having some very light bleeding, just occasionally when I wipe and a little on my pad - just pink, not red. Still losing my mucus plug also. About 45 minutes ago I started to have contractions (it's 1.45pm now) and wondered if they were just Braxton Hicks. They didn't hurt as SUCH, just felt very intense and gave me a lot of very uncomfortable pressure in my groin. They gave me a little low back ache and low front ache too, but they only lasted a very short while (30 seconds at best maybe). So I really didn't feel like I could call them contractions.

About 10 minutes later I decided to start timing them using Contraction Master, because I knew if I called anyone they'd want to know how far apart they were and how long they were lasting. So, straight away they were 4 minutes apart - I was surprised they were so regular! They lasted between 30 and 40 seconds, but by the time I'd had 3 or 4 on the timer, they were starting to hurt. At first they just were hurting like an addition to the pressure in my groin, so that it started to feel like a sharp pain up there too.

Ooh midwife is here, go to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh exciting Alice!!! Hope all is going well and you get to hold Benjamin in your arms soon!

HB said...

Yay!! I'm so excited!! I hope you can keep updating cos i will be checking regularly!! I'm going to go pray for you now and I hope we get to see pics of your new addition very soon!!

Love from Heather (AYME)

Julie said...

Heavenly Father - I ask that you would wrap your arms of Love and Protection around Your sweet Alice and Benjamin. I ask that you would increase her faith and remove any fear or concern she has. I ask that you would provide those caring for her with everything they need to meet any needs she or Benjamin has. Thank you for your constant care. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

I so wish we lived closer! I'd love to gather those boys of yours up and let them play with Nathan and Ava while you and Neil 'do your thing'!

You're doing great, I'm sure!!!!

Laura said...

I'm praying for you, Alice! Can't wait for some news! :)