Benjamin Isaac, born at home at 7.30pm this evening (July 9th) weighing 8lbs 9oz!!! He's lovely, has breastfed for ost of his life so far (!!) and looks nothing like any of his brothers! I'm so proud of how I managed in labour and can't wait to write more about it but too tired now. Am currently lying in bed with Benjamin skin-to-skin. He's cocooned in my right arm, fast asleep with his little face all smooshed up against my breast (he fell asleep breastfeeding). My doula was wonderous and gave me a footrub before she left about 15 minutes ago. Benjamin seems fine and I am too, except that I had a 2nd degree tear and thus stitches, and the afterpains are pretty terrible, but I'm just so relieved that he's HERE! Praise you Lord!!!
Will update again tomorrow!
Thursday, 9 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Sooooo many congratulations! I love the name! xx
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Benjamin!!!!!!! Yay and WAY TO GO ALICE!!!! I'm in awe of you and your homebirths!!! Enjoy and sleep well!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy your babymoon. I can't wait to hear more but take all the time you need.
Alice, I cant wait to see this little one. Congratulations to you and a great big YAY for your home birth. I bet you did phenomenal!!
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you, Alice! Congratulations and praise God for a safe delivery!
Praise God! Delighted and happy for you, ALice!
Valerie
Yay! What a marvelous update. Welcome to baby Benjamin and congratulations to you and your family! :) The afterpains can be so uncomfortable... ask Heather about getting you some Sabina homeopathic pellets, they were a Godsend after I had Colin. Can't wait to see photos! :)
Congratulations!!
Oh, so wonderful!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the birth story. Love to ALL SIX OF YA!!!
Congrats on baby Benjamin!! :) I can't wait to see photos. I am glad it all went so well for you. xoxo
Yay!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done Alice, I can't wait to hear the full story but I reckon you did amazingly with your biggest boy yet!
Welcome to the World Benjamin! You are already a very lucky boy with wonderful parents and brilliant brothers. I can't wait to see what you look like :)
Enjoy the babymoon everyone!
CONGRATULATIONS Alice!!!!!!!!! Wow that was quick! So glad it sounds like it went well and that you got to have the baby at home with your doula there. Hope you had a lovely first night with Benjamin xxxx
Wow what a big boy! Well done Alice, I'm so happy for you all x
Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome to the world Benjamin Isaac!!! I cannot wait to see pics and read all about his birth. Get plenty of rest. xoxo
Congratulations lovely. Hope the lack of update is just life with four sons getting in the way! Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing pics of little Benjamin
Post a Comment