Well, I've amazingly arrived at 10 days past ovulation! I want to update my chart but there's explanations to go with stuff so I wanted to do a quick post here so that nobody jumps to conclusions (good or bad!).
I tested this morning and I am going to call it and chart a positive pregnancy test! BUT, with caution, so not the usual "Wheeeeeeeee, I'm pregnant!!!!" thing! If this is a chemical pregnancy, it's the clearest positive I've ever had, but it's still so whisper faint that it makes me unconfident.
I also have a bit of a temp drop this morning, from 36.9 to 36.7. That's still a high temp for me (and possibly still high enough for a triphasic chart - I'll find that out in a minute when I enter my data on the chart for today), but because it has come down from even higher, it makes me wary, especially at this stage with my history. I also have a stonk-tastic headache this morning, and it was kicking my butt by the time I got in bed last night too. It wasn't there during the night-wakings with Benjamin, but it's really sore today. Sometimes I get bad headaches right before a period starts. I also feel hot and congested in my womb area, and while that could be a continuation of pregnancy symptoms, my lack of confidence as explained leads me to worry that it's because I'm going to get my period.
BUT, I'm excited (cautiously!) about the BFP! :) The faint line was visible around the 5 minute mark, it fills the whole "fatness" of where a positive result line should be, and it's too faint to really tell but I think it has a hint of pink colour to it. I can see it in any light, at most angles, and even in this room (just settled Benji to sleep for a nap) with the curtains drawn - so shaded light. I get worried that I've just trained my eyes to see NOTHING with my craziness over the last couple of days staring at negative test sticks, especially yesterday when I was fiddling with the photo to try to enhance what I was sure I could see! ;) I think when this one has dried I'll try to take another photo of all three together so that I can see if it really is a stronger line than the others. So far I can still see a shadowy line on the other two as well, so I'm not sure if it will look stronger today or not, especially on a photo. I definitely see a line, and they say that a line is a line, so.... I just hope I can photograph it so that you can see what I mean. It's sooo faint...
Anyway, with any sort of temp drop at 10DPO, I'm nervous that I'll just start bleeding anyway later, so I will not relax about it today probably. I hope I get to tomorrow so I can confirm one way or the other - lower temp, or stronger test.
I'm going to chart a positive test result now, and my lower temp. My skin is still weirdly soft. I just thought that might throw up a bit of confusion, and I also didn't want anyone jumping up and down thinking I had a good clear strong test result! I feel insecure about the result. I know I see a line, and I never really do get to that joyful point properly before my period shows with chemical pregnancies normally, but still. I just feel nervous about it. I love seeing a little line of evidence that somebody is in there producing a hormone to confirm their tiny presence!!! But attachment like that makes me even more nervous for it to all disappear.
I will update later as usual, because I may get my period yet today, or have other noteworthy symptoms to post. I'm calling it a BFP, but not "yay, I'm really actually PREGNANT!!" yet, if that makes sense! :)
Wednesday, 3 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooooh! I understand your cautiousness! When you've got so used to what your body does etc.. but I think I called that line a BFP with Robert and this LO! Will be constantly blog stalking as usual! If this is the real macoy, when would you be due? Can't believe we may actually finally be bump buddies for more than 1 month!!! (Seeing as I gave birth to Robert 1 month after you got your BFP with Benjamin! lol)
Post a Comment