It's that time of the month again, hehe! ;)
Today I am at Cycle Day 20, and I think I have ovulated. I am on day 6 of EWCM, so I would be expecting to by around now. Some things of note, some of which I am confused about (!):
* Fertile signs VERY strong this cycle (CM, etc), more so than usual.
* Mucho increased parsnip drive, again more so than usual. Neil hurt his back at the weekend (or was it the end of last week?) and I thought we may not actually have any chance of pregnancy this cycle, but thankfully he recovered after a few days! I do love the CHANCE of pregnancy! We do not TRY for a baby per se, but I do love the fact that there's almost always a chance, given our parsnips! :)
* Much more noticable ovulation pain and discomfort leading up to ovulation this cycle too.
Here's the thing that is confusing me. Last night I was rather uncomfortable with what I had charted as "ovulation pain" that day and the day before, just aching and that certain type of dragging pain that I associate with ovulation. I usually don't feel it so clearly as that though. This past week I have been having some trouble falling asleep. My restless leg syndrome is bothering me and I am spending about an hour doing the highland fling around the bed before I can get comfortable enough to settle down. Or else I get to thinking about stuff and then I can't switch off my brain to go to sleep for a while. Anyway, I was still awake at 1am last night and over the course of about a 5-minute period began to feel really obvious ovulation pain, again much more clearly than I usually feel it. This was pinching and searing and bruisey all in one, and very pinpointed over my right ovary, and I knew I had just ovulated (just hours after parsnips, woohoo!! ;) ). It hung around till I finally fell asleep a while later.
In the morning, the pain had gone, though I still felt a little crampy, and my temp had gone up to 36.4 (from where it has been sitting at 35.9/36.0) - always a post-ovulation temperature for me, though on the low side of those, so far. BUT, EWCM in abundance again today, right through the day. I think it is definitely going away this evening though. Also, same parsnip drive today as in my "pre-ovulation" window, which is VERY VERY odd for me from the moment I ovulate onwards! I have had on and off achy ovary discomfort through the day, and then late this afternoon I had another very clear case of "ovulation pain" - the pinchy/searing/bruisey thing that I'm very familiar with when I ovulate.
So now, how can that be? That's very weird for me, and I am a bit confused by it. I do think I have ovulated, and I have never felt it so clearly as I did last night, so I'm sure I ovulated then. But I never have very fertile CM for a full day after ovulation along with the increased parsnip drive - those are both only signs of impending ovulation for me. I would start to second guess myself about having ovulated last night, but I'm SO sure of the feeling (which is confusing again since I was also so sure of the feeling this afternoon), and also my temp confirms it at 36.4 (I never have this temp unless I have ovulated, especially when it's a jump up from the previous temps like it is this time).
I don't know enough about it, but is it possible to ovulate twice within 24 hours? I always thought not, but I can't understand the ovulation pain I have experienced, and the intensity of the fertile "signs" this cycle. It's weird and I don't know what to make of it!
The only other things that are a little off the norm for me are hugely increased appetite today and yesterday, for no apparent reason, and also just feeling a bit hormonal and weepy today, which is odd at this stage!
In any case, one way or the other I feel pretty sure I have ovulated and I am now possibly 1 day past ovulation and waiting for my chart to confirm ovulation once I get to 3DPO, if my temps support that. I think the chance of conception is very very high this cycle, and am just praying that this time it will be a pregnancy that gets started properly and continues healthily!
I'll be updating here more often after the next day or so! :)
Tuesday, 23 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very exciting! I love reading these updates!
It is possibly to ovulate twice (once from each side) and many fraternal twins are conceived this way :) You did say you thought this might be a twin pregnancy, didn't you??? Stalking your chart now...!
Your last period was definitely a period and not implantation bleeding wasnt it!? I remember that 'ovulation' pain-type-feeling as actually being one of those lovely pregnancy ovarian cysts growing...and all the other weird symptoms too...other than that, maybe as Jeannie said, this is the twin pregnancy???!!
Ditto to Jeannie's comment! This could take you from four to SIX, darlin'!! Will be watching your chart (okay, stalking it). :)
Post a Comment