Wednesday, 1 March 2017

4 weeks!

I still totally can't believe it! 😁

I tested again yesterday at 13DPO  (chose not to at 12DPO), and again this morning for 14DPO. The line is about as dark as the control line already - I'm sure it took longer with Rosalie's tests! 😮 I am going to use my last 2 tests at 16 and 18DPO.

Here's the photo of today's test at the bottom, with the 11DPO and 13DPO tests above it. I only have a pretty poor camera on my tablet at the moment, so the test pics are not as nice and crisp as the ones I've posted with my other pregnancies, but oh well!





It is still so surreal, and I am not sure what to think! I feel very odd about that because... it's unusual for me to feel so detached. I think it has been protective, because I assumed that since I'm in my 40s, I may as well get ready to miscarry - I have since been reassured by lots of mamas having babies in their 40s, some several years older than I am. Which is reassuring, to say the least!

Another thing that's reassuring (and slightly unnerving) is that last night, after putting the kids to bed, I was so beyond knackered, and I made dinner for the kids before Neil got home from work (he was home at 8.30pm last night). We sometimes eat with the children, but I love eating with Neil after they are all in bed, so we probably do that more than 50% of the time. Anyway, I did not get dinner started for us until just before we did bedtime for the kids, and when I got downstairs, I realised that I felt a bit queasy. I have a zillion reasons for random queasiness, but this specific type of queasy is unmistakable to me after all these pregnancies, and mild though it is, it's definitely morning sickness queasy. At 3 weeks and 6 days! I've always had worse morning sickness in the evenings, and on occasion, ONLY in the evenings, so it made sense in that way. Today I didn't really think about it until late morning when I thought maybe I was getting hungry an hour before lunch, which is unusual in itself for me. The reason I wondered is that I felt slightly queasy, and then I realised what it was. I've stayed queasy for the rest of the day, especially with strong smells or when I got a wave of particularly overwhelming tiredness, or I was getting hungry. No doubt about it at all! It's VERY mild, but I remembered having some mild morning sickness early on before, and then it really kicked in around 6 weeks.

I decided to check my blog (thank God for my blog!) to find out more, and INTERESTING... I have had mild morning sickness from 4w3d with Lydia, and 3w5d with Rosalie. The boys were all 5 weeks and a couple of days up to 6 weeks before it kicked in bad, with no mild stuff beforehand. I have ZERO gender hunches, maybe because I haven't been really getting my head around the fact that I'm pregnant (which, clearly I am catching up to now!), but that's the first thing that makes me wonder if this baby is another (could it really be?!!) girl. Wouldn't that just be amazing?! To have three girls in a row after six boys in a row, when I never thought I would ever have a girl, lol! Crazy! 😁

My sense of smell is really sharp today, and when the dishwasher finished running and it was still warm, it smelled SO nausea-inducing. Car exhaust fumes from no discernable source through the closed front door, and hubby's coat. Bleurgh. Everything stinks! ;) But that's all a good sign.

I'm really thirsty all the time (no diabetes - I had a health check a few weeks ago where my blood sugar and cholesterol were checked (both normal) and then a fasting blood test for diabetes for some weird reason that I didn't understand, since my sugar was normal! But it all came back normal just yesterday, thankfully!), and drinking lots of water very gratefully while I can, as I know it won't be long before I spend months not able to tolerate water in even tiny amounts. Soooo not looking forward to that part! My morning sickness has been worse with my girls, so if it's another girl... :/ I put a little chart on my wall to colour in every morning and evening, to help  me make it through the days, with Rosie. :) So I might do that again! Anything that helps.

I have a headache tonight so I'm going to bed. I just wanted to update here first. I'm really tired out all the time, which I guess is normal and pregnant of me. I truly can't believe I'm back here again, tracking another pregnancy with another precious little one! I'm relaxing more today, and starting to really feel in love with the tiny growing little being inside me. So amazing, and so surreal. NINE blessings. Nine. I'm just amazed at how God has blessed us! :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear this! I'm sure everything will turn out great. My mom was 40 when I was born, I don't think it's too old! Congratulations! I hope it's a girl. Maybe twins!

Shayla said...

Sorry that you're feeling nauseated so early on, but how exciting that you may have three girls in a row!! Lydia and Rosalie would have a little sister. A very dear friend had her twins at 40, so I don't think it is too old either! Thank you for the update! Hugs and prayers!

Shayla said...

Sorry that you're feeling nauseated so early on, but how exciting that you may have three girls in a row!! Lydia and Rosalie would have a little sister. A very dear friend had her twins at 40, so I don't think it is too old either! Thank you for the update! Hugs and prayers!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and thank you so much for updating. I really enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

So happy for you!

Mrs. VK said...

Hi Alice, congratulations! I'm also glad you aren't shutting down your blog yet! I would have missed it! I hope one day to meet you in person...

Unknown said...

Maybe with the strong symptoms it's twins 😀

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on your news and I am so pleased to hear you are not shutting down your blog - long time reader since you had Samuel!